Last Thursday, Thanksgiving was celebrated in the United States (happy late Thanksgiving!). This is often a day in which a lot of yummy food is eaten, which is great as well, but the essence of the holiday is something worth giving more attention to. Thanksgiving; a very important noun attached to this day is gratitude. This represents the things people are thankful for. I think it is crucial to think about what you have (and maybe even take for granted), but what actually isn’t that ordinary at all (in the sense that not everybody is lucky to have or experience these things). What better day to reflect upon the things you are grateful for than Thanksgiving! Therefore, I would love to share a list of what I am thankful for in today’s blogpost. I think it is a beautiful tradition to come together with your family, eat good food, share stories and laughs and appreciate what you have. I wish we could also start something similar like this over here in Europe. This is my list of the everyday-life things that I shouldn’t (and do not) take for granted and am grateful for;
- I am thankful for my wonderful, loving family.
- I am thankful for my caring friends.
- I am thankful for my healthy body.
- I am thankful for the fact that I can get a high quality education.
- I am thankful for living in a safe place.
- I am thankful for the passions I have.
- I am thankful for being able to see so much of the great world around me.
- I am thankful to have freedom.
- I am thankful for my home.
- I am thankful for my happiness.
- I am thankful for what I have achieved so far.
- I am thankful to have access to clean water and healthy foods.
- I am thankful for my side jobs that I love.
- I am thankful for all the wonderful things I got to experience with fantastic people.
- I am thankful for the people that work hard to make our life better.
- I am thankful for all the warm family traditions I cherish.
- I am thankful to be surrounded by respect.
- I am thankful to be able to make choices in my everyday-life.
- I am thankful for you and your support.
I would love to encourage you to also write down a couple of things you are thankful for. It doesn’t have to take a lot of time, just a short reflection upon your life already has so many benefits for you. It makes you realize how rich you are in many different ways. Oh and don’t forget to express this gratitude to the people around you, the people that make you happy totally deserve a little pat on the back!
See you in the next one.
Lots of love,